Sunday 11 November 2012

Life Lately - A Handmade Sketchbook

I am a little over six weeks into my BA Hons Creative Arts (Art/Mixed Media Textiles) degree course at Bath Spa University and wanted to share with you the first of my projects for the textiles half. This was to create a sketchbook from recycled paper and unusual materials such as paper bags and envelopes. I loved this project, and really enjoy working in my new book. I hope you like it too!



The pages are made from carrier bags, amazon packaging, envelopes, tissue paper and wrapping paper.



I decorated some of the pages with paper-doily stencils and made others from old book pages.



I worked from the exhibits in the Bath Fashion Museum, inspired by this vintage postcard. 




I have been experimenting with knitting carrier bags and weaving.

I love my book and can't wait to keep working in it! 
Has anyone else experimented with books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...